Sunday 28 February 2010

Among Warlords, Drug Dealers and Hockey Fans

I just had a look at the info provided by Statcounter regarding the visitor on this little page. Apparently there are a few of you navigating yourself to these pathetic ramblings at one of the many dead ends of the interweb. The geographical spread is what I am most impressed by; I have visitors from as far afield as the Philippines and Taiwan, India, Afghanistan, Chile and Colombia. My personal favourite hits (I didn't really know I had any favourite hits until now) are from Kenya, Greenland and the Faroe Islands. That most of you end up here by mistake is a completely different matter. Failed contraception and 'accidents' is something best discussed with your parents...

There is so much useful information provided by statcounter I almost get overwhelmed. I am happy to see the majority using Firefox. I can apparently get information of your OS and screen resolution (1280x1024 seem to be the hip setting of today) among other things. It just stops short of giving me the phone number of your long lost cousin with the saggy boobs. In all fairness to statcounter, it should be mentioned that it is the free version I'm using. 


Honestly, there are much better places to be right now

I'm not telling [hint, hint, notch, notch. Say-no-more, say-no-more] where some people are coming from or going to afterwards. Lets just say I find it slightly disturbing that this page somehow brings up such associations. But hey, everyone to their own! Just glad to be of service(?).

If you're ever feeling down, put any page you find through a translation tool + language of your choice. It would cure the most severe of depressions. I am happy to see some of you using my page for this.

But finally, feel free to comment and leave feedback. I'll most likely not give a shit, but a slap in the face is better than a kick in the nuts as my dear father claims. I still don't know what the fuck he means, but it somehow seems appropriate to use now.

Now, back to the Olympic hockey bronze game - Go our-lovely-but-somewhat-peculiar-cousins from Finland!

No comments:

Post a Comment